Stay Gone

I once heard it quoted
First loves are never truly over,
This I held in my heart
Begging it to be fact,
Perhaps in my adolescence
I wished for one thing to remain,
I longed for one thing stable and secure,
In my heart I held on
To something I heard another say,
In the days that have passed
Others I have loved,
I have given my heart away
To those other than you,
Each time my soul cracked
Just a little bit more,
Creating a ache deep inside
That you seemed to soothe,
For you I sacrificed all my dreams
When I chose our child's name,
In the days that have passed
You have not been here,
In the days that have passed
My hope has faded away,
One morning I awoke to the rain
And realized life would never be
All it was promised to be,
All along I have been alone
While you were gone,
I am strong and I am true
And in hardship I pulled through,
First loves do end, and can be replaced
By a feeling of dread or shame,
In my heart you are no longer my friend
For when we needed you most
You were always gone,
Now the greatest gift you can give him
Is to stay gone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog...

All poems posted here are written by myself, and I hope the ownership of my work will be respected.

I am 25 years old, and have been writing since I was 8. All poetry is dedicated to the teacher, Miss Charlotte, who first introduced me to this genre of writing.

Challenges

I use several writing prompts, mostly photographic prompts, for my work. Often when I am not consumed by a thought or emotion, I need a little help in writing. I subscribe to two photo blogs as listed further below for prompts. I also take challenges to write about random words on my Twitter. A new challenge I am using is from Deviant Art. I look at the first page of the most popular photography in the last 8 hours and take one to write about.