Letters Never Sent

I wrote a letter
To demand answers,
I poured my soul
Into the printed words,
Tears stained the pages
And smeared my thoughts,
I wrote a letter
Wishing to know
Why you never loved
Your first born child,
Did you easily forget
Or did you pretend
Your seed was never shared?
Was it easy to
Just walk away,
Years later I wondered
If you admitted to fatherhood
Before your other children,
I wrote this all
In a letter,
Sealed it with a tear,
Added it to several more,
Of letters never sent,
For if you were to answer
With truth or lies
It matters not,
If you were to answer
I would have to admit
To being your daughter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog...

All poems posted here are written by myself, and I hope the ownership of my work will be respected.

I am 25 years old, and have been writing since I was 8. All poetry is dedicated to the teacher, Miss Charlotte, who first introduced me to this genre of writing.

Challenges

I use several writing prompts, mostly photographic prompts, for my work. Often when I am not consumed by a thought or emotion, I need a little help in writing. I subscribe to two photo blogs as listed further below for prompts. I also take challenges to write about random words on my Twitter. A new challenge I am using is from Deviant Art. I look at the first page of the most popular photography in the last 8 hours and take one to write about.