Still Here

Today we gather to say goodbye
To a friend daughter sister,
To a girl we all hold dear,
Life sometimes leaves us with
So many unanswered questions,
All of which begin with why,
I wish I had a magic word
That would ease the ache inside,
I wish I could turn back time
And a single second be changed,
I wish I knew the answer why,
All I do know is though in body
Our dear young girl has left,
But she shall live on forever,
For now her spirit lives in our hearts,
For every person who holds a memory
Holds a part of her soul with them forever

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog...

All poems posted here are written by myself, and I hope the ownership of my work will be respected.

I am 25 years old, and have been writing since I was 8. All poetry is dedicated to the teacher, Miss Charlotte, who first introduced me to this genre of writing.

Challenges

I use several writing prompts, mostly photographic prompts, for my work. Often when I am not consumed by a thought or emotion, I need a little help in writing. I subscribe to two photo blogs as listed further below for prompts. I also take challenges to write about random words on my Twitter. A new challenge I am using is from Deviant Art. I look at the first page of the most popular photography in the last 8 hours and take one to write about.