Where Were You

You were there that day
She was born,
You were there
Protecting that little girl
From a midnight fire,
You were there when
She spent eight seconds
Upon those wild bulls,
All along her way
You had been there,
But where were you yesterday?
Why weren't you there
When that gravel road
Took that girl away?
Surely a child of but fifteen
Wasn't needed in Heaven,
Surely if someone had to die
It could have been another,
Why did you take her
Who inspired girls to break the mold,
Why weren't you there
To protect her that night?
All along you had watched
And guided her through life,
Where were you
As her truck rolled?
Where were you as
Her last breath escaped?
Why did you take her
When we needed her here?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog...

All poems posted here are written by myself, and I hope the ownership of my work will be respected.

I am 25 years old, and have been writing since I was 8. All poetry is dedicated to the teacher, Miss Charlotte, who first introduced me to this genre of writing.

Challenges

I use several writing prompts, mostly photographic prompts, for my work. Often when I am not consumed by a thought or emotion, I need a little help in writing. I subscribe to two photo blogs as listed further below for prompts. I also take challenges to write about random words on my Twitter. A new challenge I am using is from Deviant Art. I look at the first page of the most popular photography in the last 8 hours and take one to write about.