An Empty Room

I sit upon the floor
staring up at the empty walls,
The paint faded with time
And filled with faint picture lines,
Here I sit in an empty room
Thinking about how time has gone,
New memories will be made,
A new life I am about to live,
Stepping out of this life
And into another,
I am about to venture out
On a grand adventure,
Perhaps tragedy and heartbreak
Linger around the corner,
Or just maybe happily-ever-after
Is waiting there for me,
All I know is everything is about to change,
I think of this as I sit
In this empty room

1 comments:

lissa September 16, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

as an empty room can signify just about anything, I find your poem to be lingering memories and emotions that might be held still even after changes has been made

Post a Comment

About this blog...

All poems posted here are written by myself, and I hope the ownership of my work will be respected.

I am 25 years old, and have been writing since I was 8. All poetry is dedicated to the teacher, Miss Charlotte, who first introduced me to this genre of writing.

Challenges

I use several writing prompts, mostly photographic prompts, for my work. Often when I am not consumed by a thought or emotion, I need a little help in writing. I subscribe to two photo blogs as listed further below for prompts. I also take challenges to write about random words on my Twitter. A new challenge I am using is from Deviant Art. I look at the first page of the most popular photography in the last 8 hours and take one to write about.