Happy

It tears my heart apart
But love does funny things,
I think of you
Wondering what might have been,
Wishing something could be,
Alas but I do not know
What the future holds for me,
My soul longs to be your mate
But yet I hesitate,
I love you
So I will let you go,
I will turn the other way,
Find someone who will
Treat you right,
Do not settle
For the wrong one again,
I cannot stand to see
You in that pain,
I love you so I will
Turn and walk away,
I want you to be happy
And if that's not with me
Then I have no choice,
I cannot wait forever
Hoping on a dream,
We seem to fit so perfectly
But never try to finish this puzzle,
I only feel alive
When you are here beside me,
But I will sacrifice my love
For you to find another,
I will turn around
And look the other way,
All I want you to be is happy
Even if it is not with me

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog...

All poems posted here are written by myself, and I hope the ownership of my work will be respected.

I am 25 years old, and have been writing since I was 8. All poetry is dedicated to the teacher, Miss Charlotte, who first introduced me to this genre of writing.

Challenges

I use several writing prompts, mostly photographic prompts, for my work. Often when I am not consumed by a thought or emotion, I need a little help in writing. I subscribe to two photo blogs as listed further below for prompts. I also take challenges to write about random words on my Twitter. A new challenge I am using is from Deviant Art. I look at the first page of the most popular photography in the last 8 hours and take one to write about.