Behind The Door

A wooden door
Stands before,
Blocking the way in,
Keeping the outside world
Unable to cross the threshold,
This door also
Locks in the cries of anguish,
The light creeps
Through the corners,
Beckoning from a life unknown,
What lays beyond this door
That guards my heart,
What lays beyond the walls
That guard my soul,
What lays beyond this life
That I have lived so long,
A jumble of keys
Surely one must fit,
One step out to feel
The sunshine upon my skin,
One moment to take in
A breath of air fresh,
One step out this door
To a new life

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog...

All poems posted here are written by myself, and I hope the ownership of my work will be respected.

I am 25 years old, and have been writing since I was 8. All poetry is dedicated to the teacher, Miss Charlotte, who first introduced me to this genre of writing.

Challenges

I use several writing prompts, mostly photographic prompts, for my work. Often when I am not consumed by a thought or emotion, I need a little help in writing. I subscribe to two photo blogs as listed further below for prompts. I also take challenges to write about random words on my Twitter. A new challenge I am using is from Deviant Art. I look at the first page of the most popular photography in the last 8 hours and take one to write about.