Cooling of the Days

Crunch crunch crunch...
Crisp and cool beneath my shoes,
Down the path I make my way
To find myself another day,
This journey controls my time
And captures my soul,
My eye watching careful
For a sight to freeze behind the lens,
As the sun slips from
The cerulean sky,
Frost attempts to share his chill,
Crunch crunch crunch...
Leaves of amber and auburn
Float to the ground
Like falling tears from the trees,
The days of summer have gone
Draining color from the hours,
Soon the winds will blow
With curtains of white closing,
Crunch crunch crunch...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog...

All poems posted here are written by myself, and I hope the ownership of my work will be respected.

I am 25 years old, and have been writing since I was 8. All poetry is dedicated to the teacher, Miss Charlotte, who first introduced me to this genre of writing.

Challenges

I use several writing prompts, mostly photographic prompts, for my work. Often when I am not consumed by a thought or emotion, I need a little help in writing. I subscribe to two photo blogs as listed further below for prompts. I also take challenges to write about random words on my Twitter. A new challenge I am using is from Deviant Art. I look at the first page of the most popular photography in the last 8 hours and take one to write about.