Escape the Rain

Like a flash in the darkness
Grief rips apart my soul,
In an instant so brief
All the walls have
Been burnt to the ground,
Leaving me raw and exposed
Unable to turn the pain away,
Of all the things I had
Built barriers against
Suddenly were able to attack
Deep down to my soul,
Grief opened the door
And tore apart my defenses,
All the memories I was able to hide from
Rain down on my skin like frozen needles,
Now I lay here on the floor
Unable to speak
Unable to feel beyond
The urge to tip back the bottle,
And for even for a moment in time
I could forget the pain
And escape the rain,
My body aches
And my thirst has no delay
My heart feels as if
All I had loved is gone,
For just a moment
Can I escape the rain?
Can I hide the pain?
For just a moment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog...

All poems posted here are written by myself, and I hope the ownership of my work will be respected.

I am 25 years old, and have been writing since I was 8. All poetry is dedicated to the teacher, Miss Charlotte, who first introduced me to this genre of writing.

Challenges

I use several writing prompts, mostly photographic prompts, for my work. Often when I am not consumed by a thought or emotion, I need a little help in writing. I subscribe to two photo blogs as listed further below for prompts. I also take challenges to write about random words on my Twitter. A new challenge I am using is from Deviant Art. I look at the first page of the most popular photography in the last 8 hours and take one to write about.