Finding My Voice

Deep inside of me
There is a girl I know,
Yet she is a stranger
All of you will not see,
I find myself screaming out
But unable to find my voice,
I dream in shades of gray
In a world seemingly fantasy,
My name up in lights,
Or a little house painted white,
A life safe and settled
Or wild and carefree,
Anything that I already see
Is the life I dream I can be,
My soul has been held prisoner
To the lack of love of the
One I gave my heart to long ago,
I bite my tongue
And forget my dreams
For a fragile maybe from his lips,
Sometimes he promises
The life I've always yearned,
Sometimes he pretends to know
But in truth we are clueless,
I must reach down deep
And find the girl I should have been,
The one who lose her voice
That day she met you,
You and me, we make sense
But I cannot wait around on love
And on dreams that have yet to come through,
I am finding my voice
Shouting out and singing a new song,
I am finding my dream
Wishing on a new star,
I wish you could come with me
As I venture forth to find
The girl I should have been,
But while I am finding my voice
The world we knew has muted
Faded from my heart,
Though I am out there
Finding my voice,
I will always remember you

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog...

All poems posted here are written by myself, and I hope the ownership of my work will be respected.

I am 25 years old, and have been writing since I was 8. All poetry is dedicated to the teacher, Miss Charlotte, who first introduced me to this genre of writing.

Challenges

I use several writing prompts, mostly photographic prompts, for my work. Often when I am not consumed by a thought or emotion, I need a little help in writing. I subscribe to two photo blogs as listed further below for prompts. I also take challenges to write about random words on my Twitter. A new challenge I am using is from Deviant Art. I look at the first page of the most popular photography in the last 8 hours and take one to write about.