Lullaby

Kalei Kalei do not cry for me
For I am but a lullaby
To send you off to pleasant dreams,
A thought to ease your woes
And heal your broken heart,
Though you long to be held
Tightly in my arms
This cannot happen tonight,
Close your eyes and imagine
Me there by your side,
For I do not wish
To see you cry,
Kalei remember though I am gone
My memory lives in your heart,
Hold true to the love we had
If that will ease the pain,
But dear Kalei know this
Perhaps we were never meant to be,
After all these years we may still fit
And seem like a missing piece,
But after all this time
We are still not one
Not the way your heart desires,
I wish you all the happiness
But perhaps this is
All we were meant to be,
Kalei do not cry for me
Just let me be your lullaby

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog...

All poems posted here are written by myself, and I hope the ownership of my work will be respected.

I am 25 years old, and have been writing since I was 8. All poetry is dedicated to the teacher, Miss Charlotte, who first introduced me to this genre of writing.

Challenges

I use several writing prompts, mostly photographic prompts, for my work. Often when I am not consumed by a thought or emotion, I need a little help in writing. I subscribe to two photo blogs as listed further below for prompts. I also take challenges to write about random words on my Twitter. A new challenge I am using is from Deviant Art. I look at the first page of the most popular photography in the last 8 hours and take one to write about.